Copy and paste this script into an empty text file in your home folder, my good Linux user, and then save the file as 'elemosautoinstall.sh'.
#!/bin/bash sudo software-properties-gtk && sudo apt-add-repository ppa:versable/elementary-update -y && sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install elementary-tweaks elementary-wallpaper-collection wingpanel-slim super-wingpanel elementary-.*-theme elementary-.*-icons indicator-synapse firefox adobe-flashplugin vlc ubuntu-restricted-extras libavcodec-extra-53 libdvdread4 unace rar unrar p7zip-rar p7zip sharutils uudeview mpack lha arj cabextract lzip lunzip icedtea-plugin scribus inkscape gimp krita mypaint gimp-gmic audacity openshot -y && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get autoremove && sudo reboot done
Now, in terminal, navigate to your home folder, and the type:
This is going to do a few things:
1) Run the software sources configuration app so you can choose your additional software sources.
2) Add PPA's so you can get some custom stuff for Elementary OS as well as GIMP.
3) Install additional Elementary OS components, some archive management components, and pretty things to customize the look of your desktop.
4) Install some key programs: GIMP, G-mic (GIMP add-ons), MyPaint, Krita, Inkscape, Scribus, Audacity (audio editing), and Openshot (because you wanna make videos of your art process for youtube, right?).
5) Update and upgrade your OS.
After all this is done, you can start kicking ass with your Elementary OS install, and start kicking ass with your art!